In order to start your adoption journey, the first step is to attend one of our information events. At our events you will, meet social workers, hear about the process, hear from an adopter and meet others who might be in similar situations to yourself and your own family. We hold regular events for potential adopters to learn more about adoption and decide if it’s the right path to becoming a parent for them and if they are ready to start the process.
Our events will provide you with:
- Information about how you could become an adoptive parent/family
- An understanding of how we will get to know you and work with you during the process
- The truth about how adoption really feels from an adopter's real-life perspective
- An overview of the children who are typically waiting for an adoptive family in this region
- Information about what training and support is available